Conference Game

I know this post is a bit late, but here goes...The other ward ( member's of our church that meet according to their geographic location) in our church building has a very nice bulletin board. I only noticed their bulletin board when I was taking my screaming boy out of sacrament meeting a few months ago. I am not sure who came up with this idea, but it was so cute, I had to copy. (If you know, please tell me so I can give them props!)

I think it is perfect for this time of year! Here is what you need:
  • Magnets
  • Pictures of the apostles and Prophet to cut out (from the Ensign or printed from the Internet)
  • Glue (Elmer's worked fine for me)
  • Glass Rocks (from the craft store)
First cut out the pictures of the apostles and Prophet. You can print these from the internet or use pictures from the Ensign or Friend magazine. 

Next, glue the front of the picture on the back of the glass rocks. I used clear/blue Elmer's glue and it dried clear without a problem. Let these dry for about an hour. If you rush crafting, it will fall apart quickly!

Once the pictures are glued to the glass rocks, glue magnets to the back of the pictures. Again, I used the clear/blue Elmer's glue. You need to wait a few hours before it is completely dry. 


The final step is to find a metal sheet and wrap it with the background of your choosing. You need to make sure the metal is magnetic. I found an old decorative sign that was wasting away in the garage. I am sure you can find magnetic metal at the Hardware store. I chose to wrap the pictures of the apostles and prophets for my young children, but you may want to type out their names or facts about each one as a matching game. I plan to use the magnets for other FHE games and so forth.
 
I added a few extra pictures of Jesus Christ in the mix with the extra rocks. What do you think?

Comments