Christmas Shopping


Tuesday, I was able to COMPLETE our Christmas shopping, I think. Do you ever feel like you are complete? I do not. I guess I inherited this trait from my dear mother. I think that is why I like to wait until right before Christmas to shop!  Thanks to AWESOME Mallory for watching the babes, I was able to venture out into the crazy world of Christmas shopping. I found that people were generally very friendly still. It wasn't too busy. We have enjoyed our time off with a few Holiday gatherings, plenty of cookies and treats and of course the occasional Christmas craft. Then, there was caroling, a tradition annually where we spread some "Christmas cheer!" I love this time of year. I feel I could shout my beliefs from the rooftops without much opposition.

We read the story of Christ's birth last night to the lovebugs from the scriptures. I was really touched by the words, for I know they are true. I love the verses in Luke Chapter 2. I was impressed by verse 19 & 33:

19 "But Mary kept all these things, and apondered them in her heart."  
33 "And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him."

This is after the shepherds were visited by an angel came to see the Lord, Jesus Christ. After giving birth to a beautiful, magnificent child, who was the Son of God, Mary pondered these thing in her heart. She had that confirmation that all of these things were coming to past. A moment where she thought about the past and future and present. I am grateful for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and his family. I am grateful that our Heavenly Father allowed his son to carry out the plan. Merry Christmas All!

The pictures are from my phone. Calvin loves to go down the slide by himself! He climbs up the wall and slides down.What a big boy! Enjoy....

Comments