Easter Tree

ET1
While entertaining many ideas to incorporate the real meaning of Easter this year, we came across the Easter tree. There are loads of variations out there, but this is what worked for our three young boys.

Watching a Video

First we watched this video to get the wheels turning about Jesus Christ. It was not too long for their attention spans and it set the tone for the evening.

Gathering sticks

This may have been their favorite part. We found a dead bush and removed branches to create our tree.The boys actually collected enough for a few extra Easter trees. We placed the branches into a large, clear vase. I wanted to fill the base with small, painted eggs.

ET2

Decorating the Tree

My goal was to keep it simple, centered around Jesus Christ and aesthetically beautiful. I ordered Treat greeting cards for our primary decor. You can order cards to be mailed directly or opt to print the cards right from their website for a fraction of the cost. We each had a large egg with words on the front (from the greeting card) and our hand written commitments on the back. I cut out the words into an egg shape for two of the designs. The third card design had small egg images on the cover which I cut out directly. I used a hot glue gun to adhere to the branches.  I chose a couple Easter cards while I was there to send off to relatives.

ET3

Discussing Attributes of Jesus Christ

My husband and I each sat down with our children one at a time to discuss what attributes of our Savior we could improve upon. We recorded our commitments down on the back of the eggs we created and hung them up. In the future, we will mark down scriptures that show his attributes and plan to adjust our tradition to become equally meaningful each year. Mommy and Daddy even got in on the commitment. A little introspection goes a long way!

How did you celebrate Easter this year? Did you blog about it? I want to see your ideas! Comment below.

Comments