Thankful Thursday- Mother's Day Series: Motherhood

Because She is a Mother


Elder Holland seems to always honor women, listen to this inspiring message HERE. I love Elder Holland and this is my favorite part of this message, 

  • "Moved by that kind of devotion and determination, may I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you. He knows that your giving birth to a child does not immediately propel you into the circle of the omniscient. If you and your husband will strive to love God and live the gospel yourselves; if you will plead for that guidance and comfort of the Holy Spirit promised to the faithful; if you will go to the temple to both make and claim the promises of the most sacred covenants a woman or man can make in this world; if you will show others, including your children, the same caring, compassionate, forgiving heart you want heaven to show you; if you try your best to be the best parent you can be, you will have done all that a human being can do and all that God expects you to do.
  • Sometimes the decision of a child or a grandchild will break your heart. Sometimes expectations won’t immediately be met. Every mother and father worries about that. Even that beloved and wonderfully successful parent President Joseph F. Smith pled, “Oh! God, let me not lose my own.”8 That is every parent’s cry, and in it is something of every parent’s fear. But no one has failed who keeps trying and keeps praying. You have every right to receive encouragement and to know in the end your children will call your name blessed, just like those generations of foremothers before you who hoped your same hopes and felt your same fears." 

Motherhood

After watching this touching video, tears streamed down my face. I have the honor of a child waking me almost every night. It is good to know that I am not alone and to remember that many babies in the world, do not have that privilege. Motherhood is difficult, but so rewarding. 

This morning, my sweet son threw a tantrum for almost an hour. I did as always and attempted to ignore him, while wanting to just make it stop at the same time. I was rooting for him on the inside, hoping he would get over whatever issue he was struggling with and move on. Being a mother is more than nurturing, it is setting boundaries as well. Setting boundaries for momma and baby. 

I am thankful to be a mother. I am thankful to you, my readers! Leave a comment, send me an email with your thoughts. 




Comments