Trust

I'm not sure how those sweet messages humble me so quickly, but whenever I need a better perspective, the Holy Spirit whispers truths to me and leaves me with such peace as I watch them. They brought me here so late tonight, though.

Our lives are approaching another turning point. Soon, our oldest son will leave the comfort and care of us 24-7 to attend school. No, he is not going to boarding school, but my heart aches now, thinking about the possibility of never seeing him or his loss in interest for me and the rest of the family. I know he needs to grow up, that this will be good for him and me and everyone. I know that he will do fine. I know this step is necessary, but knowing these things doesn't always bring the comfort that you need. The comfort I need comes from the knowledge of my Savior Jesus Christ. It comes from the purpose of life. Of where we are going. There are a million things to worry about when you do not have faith in Christ. I have to remind myself of this frequently.

Our family watched a favorite movie recently called, Nim's Island. I heard a quote that has been ringing in my ears ever since, "Trust is the key to adventure." My husband candidly throws the nickname "Adventure Amber" at me when I am behaving just the opposite. I have been working on this weakness and that silly movie brought such truth.

Trust.

I just need to trust more. I feel like I have always been taught to avoid trust. This will keep your heart safe. You will be free of the aches and pains that may result if trust broken. Trust seems to be the foundation of relationships. Without it, what defines the relationship? Trust also works hand in hand with humility. For, if you do not trust others, you are seemingly independent of another's help. Accepting help is a part of humility.

I hope to show more trust in those around me. More trust in the Holy Spirit I have been blessed to receive after baptism. More trust in my own thoughts and plans and ideas. And I hope you see a change. A good one.




Comments