Cousins + Sea World Part 1

I've been reluctant about letting go of summer. It meant so much. It felt like I was being forced into so many un-welcomed feelings of gloom and loneliness. It was only the first year, one of three sons, gone for most of the day, only to arrive home exhausted with no energy left to share a genuine smile or widened eyes. I still had two others to keep me busy through the day and already so much has changed. My dreaded thoughts were wrong. He did have time for mommy when he came home. We were all tired, but mustered the energy to connect and relax.

Often when strangers see the boys, they marvel at how cute their messy face is in a restaurant or chuckle at the dance they do when they don't get their way in the grocery store. Though they may be reminiscing upon their days with little ones, I always combat their comments with, "Well, you should have seen what he did today..."

Oliver was off to school and I was at an annual "boo-hoo" breakfast with friends. We shared stories and smiles and pancakes. At departure, Calvin spun into a fit demanding my phone. A friend offered to cuddle an over-tired, but mild tempered baby Gordon while I got Calvin from his seat. We walked slowly together outside. I could see that she missed those sweet baby hugs. I was grateful for the help. She complimented the boys and instead of trying to bring them down, I thought, Yes. They are wonderful. Aren't they? Why is that so bad, to just accept a compliment, Amber! I guess in appreciating my blessings, I overlooked the humbleness that can be achieved by just taking a compliment.
August 2014

The summer is over. It was a full summer and now I will catch up. Catch up to schedules and to-do lists. Catch up those chores that were traded for pool time and sunshine. Below is a small taste of August.

August 2014
August began with cousins! We had some quality cousin time for the boys. While anticipating the birth of the newest cousin (read more about him HERE), Grandma, Aunt Jess and Aunt Amelia brought down Aunt Sarah and Uncle Steven's boys (2/3). We met at Sea World. It was a scorcher. Nana joined us. All I can recall from the day is the temperature. Hot and Humid. We usually hit up the parks in the afternoon, but going early allowed us time for a nice swim! The younger walrus was especially playful with the boys. They have never been so interactive. I hope they remember these things.
Aug 2014 upload

August 2014

August 2014



August 2014

August 2014



August 2014

Comments